Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In other news....

Apologies for the lack of updates. As fantastic as Disney World was, the trip was followed by a major crash and I've been pretty comatose this past week. We got back Tuesday night and bright and early Wednesday of course I had to come into DF where I was due for chemo and ended up getting two blood transfusions. But even the fresh blood didn't help with my energy at all. And it's not even the kind of fatigue where you just sleep it off. It's this exhaustion where you're basically too tired to do ANYTHING, including sleep, but you don't even feel like talking or doing anything. Even reading is tiring so you just sort of lie there with your eyes open and watch the day go by...

I'm starting to feel better now, I mean I have the energy to run errands if I need to, that sort of thing. But I get tired really easily - like yesterday I had to go pick up prescriptions and when I was done I had to just lie down for a while when I got home. I took a shower and same thing, I just had to sit for a minute to recover from standing for so long. So goes the life of a cancer patient....

My parents are away for a few days so Lauren and I are enjoying the quiet calm of having the house to ourselves. Scamp though has become pretty clingy which is cute, but annoying at the same time. He must have abandonment issues, like when someone leaves he just automatically freaks out not knowing if they'll ever come back again haha. So with my parents gone he's at my side (or ON me is more like it) 24/7. Poor thing... Anyway, in at DF today but just getting blood work done, no chemo so it should be pretty straightforward --- hopefully! Would be nice to get home early after being gone all day last week. Literally. We drove in as the sun was coming up, and we drove out as the sun was setting. Kinda crazy. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can be home for lunch..... !!!

No comments: