Monday, July 30, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring

So I figured I'd write an update! Shocking, isn't it? Anyways, can't say there's too much to report since I returned from Bermuda, but this is what I've been up to the past two weeks or so. Leonora came and stayed with me for a week which was really fantastic to have my fashion partner in crime back for a little while. We lazed about, but also managed to do some Boston activities such as a Red Sox game at Fenway (they lost to the white sox after a TWO HOUR rain delay..... we left after the fifth inning when they were still winning so we didn't have to personally witness the pathetic eventual loss) saw the new Harry Potter, had lobster at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, did brunch in Harvard Square with her old Gtown roommate, and dinner in Davis Square with my sister and her hubbie, as well as some driving tours of historic Concord. So it was good, but I was pretty tired from my chemo so it was sort of like one activity a day type of thing.

She left on Sunday and then my dad went away on Wednesday so that was sweet to get the house to myself for a couple of days. I've been really lazy this past week, sleeping a lot and reading and watching a ton of food network. Kristen came up for the weekend on Friday which was fun especially since my dad didn't get back until Saturday night. My mom also flew up on Saturday so it's somewhat of a full house now. I mean, both my parents AND scamp.... hahaha not really. This week I'm again not up to much, but on Wednesday I'm going in for a check up and more chemo. I'm supposed to be starting my cranial radiation at the end of this week (sounds cool huh?) but I'm praying that when I go in on Wednesday my blood counts will show that my white cells haven't recovered enough from my last round of chemo for me to start the radiation. If that happens then I'm going to fly home on Thursday which will be fantastic because it's Cupmatch!!! it's our big four-day cricket holiday and I am DYING to go. A bunch of my friends are going to be down for it and I haven't been home in forever. Plus, if I can't go I have no idea when the next time will be that I'll go home..... not to mentiong that i'm incredibly homesick right now... so yea, keeping my fingers crossed that the radiation will get delayed...

No comments: