Saturday, July 14, 2007

Just another Saturday at the Brigham...

So I'm actually back in the hospital which I guess I figured I wouldn't mention so as not to bring down the happy Bermuda entries... But yea, my mom flew back home on Wednesday and Lauren came and joined me at Dana Farber so I could get started on everything. It takes forever for beds to open up at the Brigham so they like to get me in early so I can start my chemo and stuff before moving over to the hospital. But yea, luckily my counts recovered nicely (since I was supposed to go in the week before but my white counts hadn't recovered enough to handle the new batch of chemo) so I was able to get the ball rolling. I was anxious going in this time just cause the last time I was in the hospital was pretty miserable - just getting pretty intense drugs and having to deal with its assorted side effects. But this time around hasn't been too bad, even though I'm in for longer. five days total. So hopefully I'll be out by tomorrow afternoon. But yea, I'm getting two different drugs, but the infusions aren't too long so it's been nice since I don't have to be hooked up to the IV 24/7 and I've been able to get out a bit and walk around. My dad came back from Bermuda on Thursday after switching off with my mom, so he and Lauren have been keeping me in good company.

But yea, it's been relaxing, finished my book and gearing up on starting another one. I've been catching up on all my Vogue's and Women's Wear Daily's, as well as downloading some good new music and obviously catching up on you dear blog. I've still got some Bermuda pictures to put up so I'll make sure to do those with the fabulous Brigham wireless before getting out of here tomorrow. Otherwise that's the current update..... a demain!

No comments: