With Canyon Ranch!!! The whole clan sojourned out to the Berkshires for Thanksgiving weekend and I honestly cannot say enough about the weekend. I just loved loved loved it! We've been before (it's basically like a health spa) but I swear, every time I go it just gets better and better. Thanksgiving was fabulous in general just having everyone home - on Wednesday night (since we were driving early Thursday) we did a little traditional dinner which was delicious as always. Then Thursday we all checked in, relaxed, toured around, whatever. This time around I obviously focused more on the health and healing aspects rather than the physical stuff - that's not to say I didn't get my groove on in a couple classes though! I mostly just did lots of stretching classes, breathing & meditation classes - sticking more to soft movements than any crazy boot camps or kick boxing haha. Highlight class? the mother-daughter bonding of 'Strip Fit' where, DUH, of course Mom showed who was boss! Hahaha kidding! I'm assuming since she already volunteered the story to my doctors at DF this morning then it's alright for me to admit to her expert strip fit techniques on the blog...
Anyway, I also went to some cool lectures, learned about Ayurveda and other alternative beliefs. Also did a cooking class with the fam which was nutritious and delicious... as was ALL the food. Got a facial, tried Reiki, etc. etc. Like I said, I could just go on and on, it was just so fabulous. It was so great being there with my whole family, but at the same time you can still do stuff on your own or do stuff all together. It's hard to describe, but there's this sense of independence in terms of learning about yourself and taking care of yourself and doing whatever you need to do to accomplish that (extra aqua aerobics - great! third dessert? go for it!) but in doing so being a part of this larger community providing support- be it your family, staff, whoever. And they're not pushy at all; like I never felt blamed at all, or any sense of 'coulda, woulda, shoulda,' just none of that. It's a feeling of acceptance, but also an acceptance of change with manageable motivation so you leave there, or at least I left there, with this feeling of general wellness, that I was taken care of both mentally and physically without being overwhelmed at all. I just felt at peace.
Of course adding to my zen was the fact that I won TWO rounds of Bingo on Saturday night, as did Lauren, although she totally won better prizes... And apparently Julia Roberts had just been there days before we were! Ahhh if only... Needless to say I feel incredibly spoiled and pampered from the weekend (big ups to the rentals!) but I really really want to go back!!!!
So now everyone's going back to work/school and things are quieting down... Matthew and Kristen didn't leave until today and I have to say I'm looking forward to a little quiet. While Canyon Ranch was amazing, I was so exhausted when we got back, and I still am! It's just been hard for me because I want to be around everyone just so I can be a part of things, but I really need to just stay in bed and recover. So I'll be comatose for the next few days, but I've got some Netflix and the new Canyon Ranch cookbook to keep me occupied so I'm a happy camper. Plus more time to write in you dear blog!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am eating chocolate covered pretzels right now and they are DELICIOUS!
You are SO grounded (and I don't mean psychologically!) after that comment, Stephanie!! You girls weren't too shabby at swinging your gloves, either!
You should be writing promotional material for Canyon Ranch, dude. I think you got the point exactly the way they would have liked you to. :)
How'd you like the Reiki?
xx
c
Post a Comment