Wednesday, February 6, 2008

mmm blood...

Dana Farber Day. Sorry the title's gross but whatever - that's what I'm doing today! I'm really trying hard to update the blog more often - I promise! It's been tough because I have been thinking about a lot since I'm not really up to too much else, but I've just been too tired to actually write. And then it's the classic thing of if you don't write it down write away then it's never as good as it would've been in terms of being as articulate, etc.... So I'm working on it.

Feeling better from yesterday so that's good - fatigue isn't as bad, but I'm achy in my hips and thighs so it's return of the immobile old man. Had to come in to get my blood checked and am now just waiting to get into Infusion for a transfusion. Hooray for a more comfortable chair! I feel bad though because all my mum has to read is one magazine... So long day, but it needs to be done and this'll give me a bit of a boost for NYC.



While it won't be quite the sunny jaunt around Disney's Animal Kingdom, this weekend should be really nice though. We've made some great dinner reservations (Chinatown Brasserie! the Boathouse for brunch!) and other plans - Kristen and mum are heading to 'Carmen' on Friday night, while Dad and I are going to "Altar Boyz". Then Saturday is the main event really with the Little Mermaid on Broadway! It just started in the fall so it'll be great to see how they do it - the costumes, sets, new songs... Then Sunday I'm going on the "Sex and the City" bus tour with a handful of my girlfriends which should be really fun. A perfect thing to do with all of them since we're all OBSESSED and it'll be great to see all the locales from the show. I'm also going to be reconnecting with other friends (belated shout-out to the birthday girl!) so it should be a nice mix of fun activities balanced with some quality lounge time catching up with friends. Not to mention all the fun outfits I've been able to plan! Hahaha. As much as I love my loungewear, I miss my clothes! So it's fun to put new stuff together and experiment. Especially with this week being Fashion Week? It's perfect to give me free reign and just put together whatever I want. Be adventurous and not care. Feel a little bit like my fabulous old self....

That's the other thing - I think I'm going to go ahead with a bit of a photoshoot (K- will you be my photographer?) as it's been decided that this whole thing, once it's over, is going to seem so surreal I need the photographic proof! Since I'm staying with Kristen I'm hoping we can experiment a bit and she can help me take pictures and we'll see what we come up with... It'll be weird to see them, but I'm comfortable with her so it should be easy to do. The challenge is more what to do with them after! I mean it'll be good just to have, not sure yet if I'll be posting a whole bunch as I wouldn't say I'm oh so comfortable with my ugliness but we'll see...

1 comment:

candace said...

yay for documentation on film.

and happy thoughts for completing the first phase and moving into maintenance. that's good stuff, stef.


hugs and kisses from afar.

-c