
Dear Santa Claus,
Merry Christmas! For this year, there really isn't anything specific I can think of that I want. Before you grant me any charitable credit though, I'll admit this is more a function of the fact that I essentially did my Christmas shopping myself rather than write you a list so... But better late than never, right? I hope you and Mrs. Claus, as well as the elves and the reindeer are all ready to go and excited for your big round-the-world excursion. As for me, I think I've been a pretty good girl this year (although maybe that's more out of default?!) so I'm banking that I made the 'nice' list. I'm an easy one to check off the list though, Mr. C, as I've pretty much gotten everything that I really wanted already. I've caught up with friends, my family is all together, and frankly, that's really all I feel I need. It wasn't until everybody was home that I really felt Christmas was here, so it stands to reason I don't feel like I need anything else. I won't deny I'm excited for the pressies under the tree tomorrow morning (and the stockings!!) but really, they're just an added bonus. All I need is my A-team: my family and my friends - to know that I love them, I appreciate them like no other, and if they're not with me right now, I'm sending them telepathic love and hugs. To fully top off the holiday cheesiness: when it comes to my loved ones, their presence is my present.
Thanks Santa - and don't forget to remind your ace-reindeer Rudolph of our change of address!
1 comment:
Hi -- S --
Unfortunately, I'm not Santa answering your posting - just a humble fan who wants to reach out for the first time and say 'Merry Christmas'.
I've been reflecting and learning through your thoughts and writings for some time now, and would agree that you're so abundantly blessed to have the gift of family and friends that it's kinda hard to ask for more.
Although one of the greatest gifts would be to rid yourself once and for all of that 'other Mr. C' - you must have such Comfort and Joy (as the song goes) to know that such wondrous love surrounds you at Christmas time - and ALL the time.
Still, for the moment - hope Santa left some added special goodies under the tree and in the stocking...if anyone deserves it, you do!
Wishing you the best, always.
-- K --
Post a Comment