So today I'm getting my haircut! Of course I've spent the past two years growing my hair out so it's a tad frustrating to have to see it go, but anybody who knows me knows I'm no stranger to change so it should be fun. Nothing too drastic though, not planning on buzzing it off, but something short and fun. So weird! I haven't gotten my hair cut this extremely since tenth grade....
Have to admit things are pretty uneventful around here. I've started watching 'Arrested Development' which is as good as everyone says it is. My blood counts are really coming down right now so the main thing everyone is watching for is just infections: fevers, mouth sores, really delicious stuff like that. My chemotherapy is only every couple of days, so everyone is just purell-ing like crazy and making sure I don't get sick.
I've been getting unbelievable amounts of mail form all over which has just been incredible. All of my nurses can't get over the sheer number of cards and packages that I've been receiving - it's crazy! What's crazier is seeing what people come up with to send me - I got a card yesterday from one of my aunts with an impressively witty 'Top 10'. Here are some highlights:
Top 10 Reasons Why Stephanie Would Rather Be in the Hospital Receiving Chemo:
#10 - It's rainy and cold outside and she didn't feel like running the Boston Marathon anyway.
#6 - Just for the heck of it, she thought she'd like to hear from every human being she's ever known.
#4 She thought it would be fun to have her parents as roommates.
#1 She REALLY didn't want to go on that Kilimanjaro trip!
For those of you who don't know, the big family vacation this summer was trekking to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania (!!!). We've had to put that trip on hold for now, but I don't think I'm the only one in the family who breathed a sigh of relief at its cancellation. This summer is actually the first summer I've ever spent in the States so it'll be interesting. It's also the first summer I've never had to worry about working and saving up etc. etc. which is really weird to think about - and who would've thought I'd be saying that as college graduate?! As with everything surrounding my leukemia, so bizarre... But it should be fun, I'm hoping I'll still be able to get home for a few days at a time between my chemotherapy and otherwise I can have a fun Boston summer filled with Red Sox games, Brighams runs, and who knows what else... any suggestions? let me know!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nurrrr....obviously going on chauffered drives around the Boston area (is Portland included in the "Boston area" ??? :) to explore bits and pieces you haven't seen before.
Sitting on the Esplanade watching tasty, shirtless men go for lunchtime runs. Becoming and expert at the Museum of Science. Finding out all about that war thing that happened in Concord ;-p
And updating your facebook / blog incessantly to keep me occupied!!! :)
come to nyc! i promise to purell my apartment :) and we can shopping at barneys for pucci rainboats again! n.
Hey Steph! It's Brent. I would definitely love to attend a Red Sox game with you in fact it can be my treat. I have read your posts on your blog and I am so happy to see you so well spirited. I read each one wondering how you are doing and end up laughing before I'm done reading. I guess that's just who you are, a charming individual! Anyways, stay well and I look forward to seeing you cuz!
-Brent
well i guess i'll just have to come to boston this summer instead of bermuda! the only reason i go down is cause of you so it's only natural that i shift gears and take you out to a red sox game! although, the toronto jays kicked their butts last night!!!
the hair looks great! nothing like short hair cause it's the easiest thing in the world to have!!
thanks for starting a blog - what a great idea, it keeps me occupied too!
miss you and love you loads and loads, ee
i apologize for my EXCESSIVE use of exclamation marks...sometimes i just get carried away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S-I'm always up for helo and bi-plane tours ... !
from -
Your very own private pilot
:<)
Post a Comment