Well it's the beginning of another week, and lucky for me that week is Week 3 of my first chemo cycle. Which means I'm finally feeling somewhat normal - (almost) no mouth sores, sleeping normally (I woke up yesterday at my standard noon! Haven't done that in a VERY long time) and my energy is up. My counts technically are still down so I haven't been able to do a ton of stuff, but I've been getting out a little which has been fun. I have a check up tomorrow where I'm expecting to get the all clear to start wearing my contacts again, go out in big crowds, etc. etc.
I have to say a big congratulations to my two cousins Brent and Patrick who just graduated from high school this past weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to their respective graduation parties, but I heard they were a big success so - congrats guys! On Sunday evening I made it out to a small cocktail party thrown by some dear family friends of ours which was really nice. Through an auction they had actually won to have the Krokodiloes sing at a private event, so I got to catch up with all my boys before they jet off on their big world tour later this week. Then yesterday my mum and I went over for tea at one of her friend's house which was really lovely. I also got a big bag full of Women's Wear Dailies so that should be keeping me busy for a while! After a quick dinner we drove to Lexington for a Monday night movie and saw "Waitress" which I highly recommend. It was really funny, and even though it's a smaller movie I'd definitely say it's worth seeking out.
So tomorrow I have a check up at DFCI but the rest of the week I have some lunches/dinners lined up and then on Sunday I'm going with my mom, dad, brother, and four of his friends from school down to Bermuda! I'm very excited to be going home, although unfortunately it's only for two and a half days. I have to be back in Boston next Wednesday to start my next chemo cycle. But I'm very excited to have some time back on de rock, especially with Matthew since I haven't seen him since graduation. And I'm going to be able to go back home probably for almost about a week at the end of the month so I'm really looking forward to that. Anyway.... until tomorrow...
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment