Friday, June 22, 2007

Good news!

Had a check up yesterday at Dana Farber and as usual things continue to progress well! My white counts are a bit down right now as would be expected from the chemo I got last week but otherwise everything looked fine. I got a new prescription for my nausea as my doctors thought it was probably from the shots I was getting so hopefully that will take care of things for this weekend. I started again with the shots yesterday and have to get them for the next three days, but hopefully this time around I won't feel quite so sick! I did get some bad news though as I found out that Dr. Gold, the fellow that has been working with my main doctor, Dr. DeAngelo, this whole time, is leaving and so I won't be seeing her anymore. Dr. Gold was great to work with so I'm sad to see her go - I can't say good bye though without first saying THANK YOU! It's been great getting to know her and I certainly wish her and her family the best!

I also got some good news in that I'm heading home! I'll be leaving on Wednesday and so I'll get to go for a full week before I have to go back into the hospital for my next round on the 5th.... but that's another story. Kristen and I are already planning a good chill barbeque with amazing burgers that Allie and I are going to make (although she doesn't know it yet...) as well as going out on the boat, and lots of other stuff. I'm excited to get home and see everybody again, I even think I might make it out on the town a few nights so.... it'll be great to be back!

1 comment:

e said...

horray for high counts!! i knew you could do it, you're awesome babe. and horray for bermuda!
i hope you have a great few days down there, say 'hi' to the ocean for me, oh and scamp.
i agree, nausea sucks, so i hope that the pills work.
BIG HUG - love you and miss you lovely.
xoxoxoxoxoxo