Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

No I'm not in costume. And no we don't have any candy at the house... except for whatever's left over from the hospital! However, we are not entirely anti-Halloween at 33 Spencer Brook.... check our pumpkins!



We finally carved them last night, and most importantly salvaged all the seeds so I'll be snacking happy these next few days. Otherwise though it should be a quiet night seeing as our driveway is a quarter of a mile long. My mother has never had a single trick-or-treater in the nine years they've been in the house. Halloween is certainly alive and kicking at Dana Farber though. The nurses have a group theme of pirates and they've got big pirate banners all throughout the infusion floor. Gold doubloons are scattered on various counters and there's candy practically everywhere. Apparently the Jimmy Fund kids come around trick-or-treating, thank goodness, because there are literally vats of candy - those big cauldrons and they're totally full! I get kind of sick just looking at them...

Otherwise everything is on today chemo-wise. I'm starting my next 3-week cycle so lots of pills and stuff, but the actual chemo is pretty quick so we shouldn't be at Dana Farber too much longer. I also have to get a flu shot... blech...

In non-Halloween related news: I finished my puzzle!



So here's me & my completed puzzle of Monet's Water Lillies - aka the most impossible puzzle ever, although obviously not too impossible for my brilliant mind... ; )

2 comments:

candace said...

i miss you.

and can't wait to hang out (and maybe have hot chocolate!) thanksgiving week.

xx

Unknown said...

liking the black nail polish my little puzzle nerd

love you xxx