Or, in short, Happy Birthday!
Hahaha that was from one of the many many messages I've received today for my birthday which has been quite exciting. Or as exciting as it can be, which isn't saying much... I'm not complaining though! It's basically just been a pretty relaxing day, slept in, fielded phone calls and emails, picked a simple recipe for dinner tonight, and sudoku. And let's not forget the food network of course. It's been really great hearing from everybody and as always really incredible just hearing so many good wishes from all my friends and family - thank you!!!! I really can't say it enough.
I have to admit I think birthdays are just kind of weird. They're this sort of forced occasion to reminisce, but is it really that big of a deal? I don't know, obviously it's your own child then that's a memorable day, but when it's your own birthday it's not like it feels any different. I don't feel any older. Today at 22 does not feel any different from yesterday at 21. And let the birthday cliche self-introspection begin...
I also feel kind of torn! I've already received some pretty incredible gifts for my birthday and so even just getting cards and more stuff today I just feel sort of spoiled. Especially considering everything that's happened over the past six months I really don't feel like I should be getting any extra special treatment! At the same time though obviously who can deny that it doesn't feel good opening presents?! Ahhh sometimes I feel like such a spoiled brat... I've already opened some pressies from my girlfriends this morning though and absolutely LOVE them. Tonight I'm just having a good dinner with the fam, and then opening cards, etc. after which will be nice. And most importantly we're finishing off the meal with some classic funfetti cupcakes which I'm incredibly excited for. So all in all it's a good day. And of course it wouldn't be half as amazing if it weren't for all of your love and support so as always, THANK YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and where is the birthday picture?
I went through my archives and provided Stephanie with a photo to post from some years ago .... but she said she deleted it! Oh vell....the price of vanity...
i want to see the picture! fess up. :)
xx
Post a Comment