It's August. So I'm pretending I'm European and going on vacation! On Saturday I'm off to Mexico which I'm getting excited about. I have to admit it's been hard because on the one hand, this trip has been in the calendar for the past year so it's something I've been looking forward to for a really long time.

On the other hand though I feel kind of ridiculous flying all the way to Mexico because it's like, what do I have to take a vacation from? I know it's all in my head, but I can't help feeling like a complete spoiled brat basically so in turn I just feel guilty. Messed up, I know. It's been hard because everyone around me has been like, "Oh you're flying to Mexico that's SO exciting!" And it is, but I feel really obnoxious playing into that. So instead I've been downplaying it and trying not to make it into a big deal.

I was talking to my sister though and she encouraged me to be getting excited, etc. I was telling her how ridiculous I felt taking a vacation from nothing essentially, but she pointed out that the trip is my vacation from loneliness. I'm going to Mexico with five other people, three of whom are all Georgetown friends, so it's going to be a lot of fun. I don't think we'll be up to too much, mostly lying around the pool and/or beach, so we're all taking the notion of 'vacation' very seriously. As you can see, Leuk & Christine are getting ready too!
2 comments:
Chica:
No guilt allowed!!! And also, please remember sunscreen-- we want to avoid a repeat of Hawaii circa 2006 if at all humanly possible. Not to say I did not enjoy performing my role as personal aloe applicator...
Hasta sabado!
xx L
enjoy yourself! you deserve a vacation, to take a break, enjoy a shake up of your routine. then you come refreshed and relaxed. that's why they called "R&R"! enjoy and take LOADS of pictures! have LOADS of fun! muah!
Post a Comment