Thursday, January 8, 2009

I should be paid for this...

This kind of advertising I mean! GUESS where I'm posting this from? I'll give you some clues: it's big, it's red, and going about 60 MPH down I-95. Yup, I'm blogging from my BUS, Boltbus to be exact, en route to New York City. How cool is that?! I'm heading down for the weekend which I'm very excited about as I haven't been down to NYC since May (!!!) and I'm going to be catching up with lots of people that I haven't seen in months, years even! What sucks is I'm not going to be able to catch up with all the people I want to as it's only a weekend, but luckily I'm coming down again in about a month so hopefully the second time around I'll catch everyone I'm missing this weekend.

I'm definitely maxing out my holiday vacation as much as I can. New Years was spent up in Maine at Sunday River thanks to awesome, generous friends who invited us up for a few days. We had a blast even though the snow wasn't ideal for skiing, but that doesn't mean I didn't hit the slopes!Even Scamp got to come with us and he's proven to be quite the snow dog. We went sledding one afternoon as the skiing was pretty icy and the dogs frolicked all over the snow covered golf course. I went down the hill twice solo as I was trying to enjoy sledding while simultaneously avoiding breaking any bones and/or getting frostbite. Kristen had a little less to worry about so she took Scamp with her and I think he enjoyed the ride.

Well, that's all for now... I think I'm going to watch a movie for the rest of the ride. More to come though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging from the bus?
Watching movies on the bus?
And all for $15 buckos...doesn't get much better than that!! Unless they were serving snacks as well? I couldn't drive to NY for $15! Heck - the tolls are probably that much. You sure know how to make it happen Stephanie - and how to turn a bus ride into a first class, high tech experience!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

You're quite the snow bunny yourself, Stephanie, in that fur-trimmed hood. I think I like it better than your fur hat from last year's winter portrait ;-)! I applaud your energy at keeping up with such an active group!!

Luvies,
Mom