Well, I'm not on a bus anymore, but I do have more pictures from our New Years' ski trip. We went up to Maine the same time last year, but in a new development, I was actually allowed to ski this year!

It's actually been about five years since I last hit the slopes (I'm what you call a 'fair weather skier')but it really is just like riding a bike. When I asked my doctor he told me that from a medical standpoint I was fine to ski. But from a physical standpoint I'd probably find it a lot more difficult since I've lost so much muscle in my legs. I wanted to go out regardless though so I picked the best day weather-wise and bundled up. I only did one run which was good, but my body was having none of it.

Thanks to my chemo-induced neuropathy my legs and feet are majorly prone to cramping, so being locked into ski boots at an awkward angle was not too conducive for comfort. Pretty unbearable actually, hence why I only did one run. But whatever, I did it!
1 comment:
Yay for doing a run!!!
What day did you go? New Year's Day was bruuuutally cold. You would need some serious bundling.
xx
Post a Comment