Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An ironic start to Wednesday...

There was a hearse tailing me this morning on my way into Dana-Farber. Because there's nothing better than a hearse looming in your rearview mirror as you're driving in for chemotherapy.

Then when I was sitting at a light closer to the hospital a mother was crossing the street with her young son: she had a full-leg prosthetic, and her son was blind. After all that I've gone through, I'll admit I cannot imagine what it would be like to live with a permanent disability. A lot of times I think to myself, who am I to complain? I'm realizing there is such a thing as survivor guilt and it is totally kicking in. My friend pointed out to me though, it's not a competition. It's not about who is worse off than whom, because everybody has their issues. We can all complain; some maybe more than others, but that doesn't mean we don't all have a right to just vent every once in a while.

2 comments:

kam said...

"There was a hearse tailing me this morning on my way into Dana-Farber."

HAHAHAHAHA!

thank you for a chem study break full of laughs.

Lauren Huntley said...

Whether you like it or not I think you're catching my sense of humor - lights and hearses ;)