Thursday, April 9, 2009

The tortoise & the hair

So maybe this is TMI, but oh well: yesterday I was folding and putting away some clothes I had been wearing earlier. I wore this navy cardigan to Dana Farber in the morning and as I was folding it I picked two hairs that had been shed. Maybe you're thinking, "Ew, that's gross, why is she telling us this?" but in fact, it was unexpectedly great. You know why? They were MINE. I haven't had to pick hair off my clothes in years! Firstly because for a while I didn't even have any hair, and secondly because until now I guess my hair has been too short to be noticeably shed. If I ever did find a stray hair on my clothes it was always way too long to be mine, most likely the result of stacking jackets with my friends, or a random transfer thanks to winter's constant static. But not this time! Kristen has declared me as officially out of the awkward stage and I think she may be right. It's fun because now every time I do my hair it's that much longer, that much easier to dry, that much easier to style. Yes, I said style; I can actually work with my hair, do different things, and not be limited by how short it is. It's definitely something I don't take for granted and I'm coaxing it as much as I possibly can - I deep condition like it's my job! Just like a lot of the stuff I wrote about in my recent posting of a similar title, it's slow which at times has been incredibly frustrating. But it is coming; every day it may be just a little bit, but it is that much longer. It's really nice and something that I really appreciate.

1 comment:

Lauren Huntley said...

And a picture of this beautiful hair in front of Lake Tahoe will be coming when?

xoxo!