Monday, May 18, 2009


I saw this and immediately started racking my brain, thinking of all my former classmates from primary school and whether or not I could ever have been considered a bully by anyone. I don't think I was, but this freaked the heck out of me! I big-time started thinking twice about all my actions: I used to sort of play-fight with some of the boys - could any of them have thought I was a bully? My best friend and I got in this big fight in 7th grade right before I left for boarding school - did she think I was a bully? There was this one girl who was sort of a class bully and I definitely remember her saying mean things to me, but if I said mean things back to her, could she have thought I was a bully? The countless lunches in the cafeteria, recesses playing in the courtyard; I mentally sifted through all my memories, trying to recall any possible time that maybe, just maybe, after all these years that I thought I was just a dorky girl hanging around the middle-to-low end of the social ladder, I was in fact a bully.

I couldn't really think of anything though. So I think I may be in the clear.... I think.

The question is, do you believe in karma???

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Very thought provoking...thanks...I can't help but think of the time you wacked that kid...although I have a feeling he provoked it!

kam said...

dude, check out your entry from April 25, 2007 "Just call me Stephan (ie)" your hair is practically back to the length when you first chopped it off!

XO

candace said...

i believe in RNA transcriptase and the fact that it screws up sometimes. and that someday we'll know why.

sorry to geek out on your highly reflective post ;-p

p.s. all kids in elementary/middle school are awful to each other pretty regularly. and believe me, the bullies stand out. and i'm pretty sure we sucked you into our group when you were 16....with no evidence of bullying to be seen!!!

love you!

Anonymous said...

Never found you to be a bully.
Teachers usually know.