Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What day is it?

Wednesday. Dana-Farber. Chemo. The usual... Oh! But it's not the usual - I'm getting a bone marrow biopsy today! You know, the one where they drill into the back of my hip bone and suck out some of my bone marrow. Mmmm, sounds delicious, doesn't it? My nurse today asked me if I'd want to be premedicated and I remarked, "Why would I want to dull the wonderful experience of a biopsy?" Ha. BRING IT ON.

Yea, the biopsy sucks, I'm not going to lie. That's what Atavan is for! I wanted to get it over with though and that will be good. Next week when I walk out of here, I just want to be done, nothing hanging over me.

I've brought my camera along with me today to do sort of a photojournal of my days at Dana-Farber. I'm chronicling each little 'step' so you, dear readers, can get a real sense of what I do each week. And yes, the biopsy will be included, so the faint of heart may want to proceed with caution...

No comments: