Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home: Part One


Well, what can I say... May 24th in Bermuda was fantastic. The weather continues to be a little tricky as the day we arrived, Thursday, was thunderstorms all afternoon! At the same time though I didn't mind relaxing/napping while watching 'Mary Poppins' (which is WAY more trippy than I remembered) and having a relaxed evening in front of the tube. Friday was a day of errands figuring out food and meals for the weekend, as well as preparing for the rest of Kristen's friends (she had three down whom she ran the Disney Marathon with). It was a beautiful evening and we went to Happy Hour at the Hamilton Princess to catch up with friends, people watch, etc. After picking up pizza to go from Portofino (yum!) we awaited the arrival of the rest of Kristen's friends coming in on the late NYC flight. The next day, with our fingers crossed for good weather, turned out to be a little more iffy than we would have liked, but that didn't stop us from going out on the boat and enjoying the sun when it did decide to emerge from the clouds. Some of us did a little bit of snorkeling, I jumped into the ocean for the first time in over a year (!!!) although of course right when it managed to get cloudy so it wasn't as 'Bermuda-ful' as I would have liked...


That evening we joined friends for a birthday dinner at Barracuda which was really good. We met up with some more friends after at Pickled Onion and proceeded to dance the night away (or at least watch other crazy people dance the night away, ha!) and it felt great to let loose a little bit.






On Sunday the weather continued to be a little iffy- more partly cloudy than partly sunny, but we made it work regardless. We had lunch at beautiful Coral Beach and then laid out afterwards - I kept my sweater on the entire time though!




It was really nice though and a handful of girlfriends all popped by for a chat so it was nice catching up and gossiping. After Coral Beach we did a little driving tour down South Shore


and stopped off at the various beach lookouts, eventually getting out down at Horseshoe Bay and the Lighthouse for pictures.




We had a relaxed dinner at home, played 'Taboo', then got all dressed up and prettified to go down to Henry VIII's.

Henry's was really fun, again met up with my girlfriends, managed to boogy it down on the dance floor, etc. The place was packed, although not with tons of people I recognized... I didn't mind though as I came with all my friends and we're a party within ourselves pretty much.


After Henry's we made a late-night stop at Ice Queen (we drove right by - how could we not??!) to fully round out our night on the town...

No comments: