Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home: Part Two

Monday finally was the day we were waiting for. It was gorgeous, perfectly sunny with enough of a breeze not to get too stifling hot. We ended up just lazing around the house all day, but it was great as we hung out on the dock and I went swimming again (gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!). More friends popped by, including our neighbour who was generous enough to take all of Kristen's friends out with him on his jet-ski. We eventually moved up to the pool where we continued to lie out, play taboo, laze in the pool... It was the perfect lazy kick off to summer, and I never got sunburnt! So woohoooooo for being outside all day in the beautiful weather. After peeps left, my dad took us all out on the boat for a little sunset cruise which was a great cap-off to the day. We then had a nice family dinner at home, and people ended up coming back over later for a movie night. Friends of my sister recently got an English bulldog puppy so they brought him over providing adorable entertainment... and adoption requests!



Tuesday was departure day for most of us so Kristen's friends were back on the (too) early NYC flight and my parents and I headed off in the afternoon back to Boston. It was a fantastic weekend though and makes me cannot wait to go back (Friday!). I feel as if I'm finally gaining back little bits and pieces of my life - swimming, dancing, swimming.... It felt so so great to get back in the water. It was also so nice to be surrounded by so many friends and getting the social life back. It's all slowly coming back though which is refreshing and really encouraging. The negatives are still there, kinda hiding out in the background, but I at least feel that even though I may not be back to my normal self, I am getting more used to who I am now. Who I am becoming. Minus the 'stache of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw I miss home already! It was SO nice to catch up with you girl and of course to have a moment of silence in the Bunk Room. I shall miss you turquoise.

PS I am SO jealous that you went to Ice Queen! I hope you have mozzie sticks! Those tings taste vell.

e said...

oh my god, i DREAM of the fish sandwich and the plethora of seasoning salt...so DELICIOUS!! i can't believe my reign of purple is over in the bunk room. it's the end of an era. i'm so happy that my sheets and i had a moment at christmas - what a happy sleep that was! i think my pillow thanked me afterwards for my years of loyal service to the beautiful purple!!

i'm glad you got to have so much fun!! i can't WAIT to go swimming. i never thought of myself as a waterbaby but i'm one, through and through as are you!
xoxoxo