Thursday, December 3, 2009

Flurries!


It is officially winter - snow is flurrying outside my window as I type. It has begun. The dreaded winter. The one thing that everybody asks me about once learning that I've moved to Chicago. The next time I move I'll go somewhere that inspires better questions than ones about the weather!

I just got back Tuesday night from my Thanksgiving vacation which ended up being a pretty chaotic non-vacation. It was great to be home and be with my family. All of the social stuff was really fun and that was all good. But I had a lot of other various check ups and appointments that made my trip pretty busy, so 'relaxing' would not be an adjective I'd choose to describe the trip... Oh well. That's what Christmas is for! Being home reminded me of all the nice things I miss, so I'm looking forward to being back in only a few weeks.

Back in the real world though, I've been immediately faced with the onslaught of the rest of my grad school applications, as well as the unceasing conundrum of a second job - something that I'm increasingly beginning to think is doomed to always be an idealization rather than an actuality. With both though, it's as simple as this: I'm working on it...

1 comment:

kam said...

it's snowing here too, and Scamperlicious was loving it! wish we were still having a two-girls-and-a-scruffy sleep-over!!!!!

p.s. babysat for Audrey & William tonight who were, as always, adorable. will send a pic.

XOXO