Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Creepy? Compliment? Whatever!

So first of all, it's in the 70s here in Chicago. It's AMAZING. Walking home tonight after a ballet class, I was sans jacket and as I was crossing the street this pack of guys on motorbikes were stopped at the light. Aware of this, I kept my eyes in front and avoided any eye contact, my usual style walking around the city. But then one of them yelled "Hey cutie!" and another one (or maybe the same one?) yelled, "Want a ride?" I glanced up and smiled; after all, I am in the Midwest - I have to be nice!

No, I'd prefer not to be cat-called, but you know what? I'll admit it's been a while since that's happened to me, about three years to be more exact. So this time around? Compliment!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome...point of clarification, were these biker dudes or guys on Vespa's?!

kam said...

an important point, Lauren ;)