
I arrived in Washington, DC yesterday and it felt great to come back. We flew right over the city so I got a bird's eye view of the Mall, the Capitol, everything. It feels great to be back. Georgetown is absolutely beautiful, although I miss not being able to just walk around as that was always my favourite thing to do. But it's been great nonetheless, seeing all my friends, catching up with everyone, hanging out in my apartment. The commencement activities are in full swing, although I haven't taken part in anything yet - I'm avoiding wearing my oh so attractive polyester robe as much as I can! I haven't tried on my mortarboard yet mostly because I'm too scared; why someone would willingly wear a square piece of cardboard on their head I do not know. Maybe the square will balance out the roundness of my chipmunk face? We'll see how the pictures turn out...
What was great about traveling yesterday was my mum and I took the advice of one of my friends who thought I should request a wheelchair at the airport so I wouldn't have to worry about standing in excessive lines. So we arranged for a wheelchair and it was great! My mum checked us in for the flight and the guy didn't even ask to check my id or anything because I was already sitting off to the side in the wheelchair. Then we get fast-tracked through security, go straight to the gate and wait right by the door. Who's waiting to board the plane first? None other than James Earl Jones! And yes, his voice in person sounds just like all the movies and commercials he does. I just sat there listening to him talk and it was awesome. So we board the plane and find out that the guy who checked us in bumped us up to first class! So my mom and I sat right in the second row, right behind Mr. Jones. Then when we got to Washington our bags were priority checked! So our bags were the first ones off the belt, we got straight into a cab and shot straight into Georgetown. I was pretty exhausted form traveling, took a nap the second I got to my apartment, but it was as good a plane experience as it could get! So note to self, ALWAYS request a wheelchair. Might as well milk this cancer card as much as I can, right? Hahaha, that sounds awful, but it's true!

Matthew and I catching up on life at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum on Mothers' Day
So the rest of my family is trickling in this afternoon/evening and I'm excited for everyone to come. We're having dinner tonight at a fun neighbourhood place with really good food that I'm excited to try. Then tomorrow's the big day! It's Senior Ball tonight, but I'm skipping it. Done it twice before for my sisters' graduations so I don't feel I'm missing too much. Especially since it's not like I'd be partying afterwards or anything... It's so crowded and chaotic I feel as if I wouldn't even last half an hour! So I'll have to save my ballgown for another time... oh well. I'm excited for tomorrow though, graduation and then we're having a big luncheon with three of my friends' families at the Four Seasons so it should be really nice. I'm just so happy to be here and be able to celebrate with all the people I've spent the last four years of my life with. It'll be busy though.... I think I'll go take another nap now!
3 comments:
Way to rock the wheelchair :) Have fun tomorrow. I'm so glad you're getting to walk. I wish you zero rain, at least some sun (for beautiful pictures), and a day that'll give you all kinds of fantastic memories of being like, wow, we're done, we did it, four years, i love you guys, we'll keep in touch....the list goes on. You're a star. Congratulations on graduating, Ms. Stephanie Midon!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox HUGS.
oh, and JAMES EARL JONES?!?!? that's CRAZY. :)
you're a college graduate! thought i'd let that sink in. i'm so proud of you and so happy you got to partake in something you've worked 4 hard long years for. congrats babe, soak it in!
Post a Comment