
I had a second bone marrow biopsy done yesterday evening which was oh so much fun. Like the first one, it wasn't painful per say, but just uncomfortable. The biopsy is done so they can take samples of the inside of my bone marrow to see how my blood cells are regenerating. But because of all my chemotherapy (which has been destroying all of my blood cells) they had to take a bunch of different samples to make sure they were getting a good overview of the marrow, rather than simply taking one sample that happens to come up clear. So that kinda sucked just cause they had to go in a few times, but it was fine otherwise. And obviously good that my cells were coming back clear so.... no official results but preemptively the biopsy went well so I'm happy with that.
So now I'm glad to have those two procedures over with and am back to just coasting, watching my hair fall out. My nurses are telling me that I have a good head though, no weird cones or anything so that's good I guess, haha. I also found the Hermes scarf tying guide online so I'm brushing up on my headscarf skills. Now I just need to get one!
I had lots of visits over the weekend which was nice too. My aunt, uncle and cousins drove up from North Attleboro on Saturday for lunch which was great to catch up with them.

Then on Sunday my parents came by along with Matthew which was really nice. Despite APs, SATs and all that fun stuff Matthew has managed to squeeze in a bunch of visits with me which has been fun. Except of course this weekend since when he came I decided to finally get nauseous from my chemo.... sorry Matthew! It's fun though for my parents and friends, even though you're in the hospital it can often be a surprisingly nice break! Here's Matthew and my Dad clearly enjoying a relaxing visit with me:
So there you have it, a basic weekend update... till next time!
6 comments:
i'm sure you have a lovely shaped head my lovely lovely wonderful friend.
i'm sure you'll become a head scarf fashionista in no time!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Steph: did i see the word toupee???!!! could you save some for your Uncle Bill. I always wanted to try the blonde thing. lov
Hey Steph, forget all that scarf tying.......Brent has a couple of Do-Rags I'm sure he'd be willing to part with for a good cause! Of course, I'll have to wash all that sweaty football helmet smell out of them!!! Just a thought....
so, do Dad and Matthew realise that they're supposed to talk to you and make eye contact while visiting? I swear they're just using you for your high speed wireless!!
p.s. you are looking skinny and the short crop is uberly cuter every day. fo real.
i know what you need...an island shop scarf!!!
Shirley you know that the pic of Matthew and me was posed! We made eye-contact at least twice that day. One time I specifically remember: it was during the 7th inning stretch of the Red Sox game. I think we even exchanged a sentence or two.
And stop calling me Shirley...
:<)
the Dad
Post a Comment