Thursday, August 23, 2007

Surpresa!

So yesterday ended up being a surprisingly uneventful day. I walked into Dana Farber bright and early amped up for my bone marrow biopsy only to find out that actually i wasn't getting one! So I had my blood drawn as usual and once those results came back I found out my platelets were too low to start my new round of chemo. My treatment protocol was adjusted in March, right before I got diagnosed where they made slight adjustments here and there (like lowering my radiation doses) and apparently also calling for less frequent bone marrow biopsies. I guess the doctors have found that the more frequent biopsies weren't really adding anything to the study and so were thus deemed unnnecessary. So now I don't have a biopsy until my next spinal tap which isn't for another 16 weeks...... hooray!

Since we were downtown and all my dad and I ended up going to the movies after peacing out of Dana Farber. Saw 'Death at a Funeral' which turned out to be a lovely funny, quirky british comedy. So that was good and then I just relaxed at home the rest of the day. I'm glad to have another week off to just relax and let my body recover. In fact I've already scheduled myself for a massage on Saturday which I absolutely cannot WAIT for. It's kind of chilly outside though which is hindering my hammock-lazing but I think it's supposed to get warmer for the weekend so.... here's hoping!

No comments: